Colombian Handicrafts Shopping Tour
Start with a dose of local commerce at a secret alley where handmade wooden kitchen utensils, wickerwork and natural scourer that would cost a fortune in other countries are traded daily.
Visit the Artisan Shop at Parque Santander. This is the ideal place to get the world famous mochilas of all sorts and colors as well as other kinds of hand-woven items
Experience Colombia through unique objects loaded with rare beauty and mysticism at an ethnic shop ran by a fair-trade NGO.
Meet the artisans at the San Francisco church, where the southwest Colombian natives work on colorful bracelets, neck-lases and earrings handmade with shakiras
Visit the Artisan Shop at Parque Santander. This is the ideal place to get world famous mochilas of all sorts and colors as well as other kinds of hand-woven items
In a Nutshell
- Let us take you to handpicked places where you will find a wide variety of handicrafts and local products that are hard to find elsewhere.
- Start with a dose of local commerce found within a secret alley where handmade wooden kitchen utensils, wickerwork and more are traded daily.
- Witness firsthand the skills of the artisans at the church of San Francisco, while they make colorful accessories with shakiras.
- Choose the perfect mochila from an enormous variety of colors and sizes, and feel the softness of the alpaca fur items at Parque Santander artisan market.
- Travel Colombia through unique objects loaded with rare beauty and mysticism at an ethnic shop run by a fair-trade NGO.
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off.
- 4 hour car rental with knowledgeable and friendly driver.
- Company of an English speaking guide that will help you get the best deals, work as a translator with shopkeepers and make your experience more memorable.
- 20% discount at Mambe Shop.
- Depending on bookings you might be in a small group up to 6 people or by yourself.
We can offer this tour at a discount without a bilingual expert guide. The tour length is 4 hours; we have an extended version available.
Please read our cancellation policy.
We made sure the Colombian Handicrafts Shopping Tour focuses on taking you to handpicked places where you will find a wide variety of handicrafts and local products that are hard to find elsewhere. Mark our word, we will not take you to chain stores or shopping malls. We will, however, introduce you to merchants with integrity, those that work very closely to the producers that are a part of their commercial chain.
The first stop of the Handicrafts Shopping Tour will be Plaza de Bolívar. There is not much shopping going on here, but some blocks away we will take you to a secret alley, that few people know about. It specializes in handmade wooden kitchen utensils, wickerwork, and a natural scourer, that would be found at much higher prices outside of Colombia.
After that, we will head to the Artisan Shop at Parque Santander. This is the ideal place to get the world famous mochilas of all sorts and colors as well as other kinds of hand-woven items. Also, you will find alpaca fur and wool; teddy bears, sleepers and even phone cases made from these materials! Once done here we will walk some meters to the church of San Francisco, where southwest Colombian native people work on colorful bracelets, necklaces, and earrings, all handmade with shakiras.
For the last stop, we have two options. The first is the largest commercial leather district of Colombia, located at 7 de Agosto. This is an area with several blocks of genuine leather workshops and retailers, where you will get an amazing value for your money. The second option is traveling to the neighborhood of Usaquén, located to the north of the city. Here we will go to an ethnic handicrafts shop run by an NGO that helps native Colombian indigenous peoples all across the country through promoting and supporting fair-trade of their traditional handicraft work. You will have the opportunity to travel Colombia via the unique objects loaded with rare beauty and mysticism that you find here. You will learn about the history, elaboration, and meaning of every piece. Choosing this location, you will also have 20% off for coming with us!
Finally, we will drive you back to your hotel or any place of your preference within the city area.
Our local alternative activities will show you local culture as an insider with a non-conventional tour approach.See All