La Chorrera Hike from Bogota
Start the day at break of dawn and adventure to discover the tallest waterfall in Colombia.
After walking for some minutes, the noise of the city will disappear and you will find yourself walking carefree through a thick forest.
Walk behind El Chiflon, feel the waterfall and enjoy a beautiful view
In a Nutshell
- Start the day early and adventure to discover the tallest waterfall in Colombia, just an hour from Bogota.
- You'll see soon after starting, how the noise of the city will disappear and you will find yourself walking carefree through a thick and silent forest.
- Reach the base of La Chorrera and be amazed by its imposing greatness while you feel the water with your hands (or decide to go for a swim!).
- Walk behind El Chiflon, touch the waterfall, while enjoying a beautiful view.
- Regain your energy with a locally made snack.
- Enjoy an excellent meal at the Choachi village and breathe in its laid-back and cosy atmosphere.
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off.
- Expert English speaking guide.
- Traditional unch.
- Entrance tickets.
- Depending on bookings you might be in a small group up to 6 people or by yourself.
The physical demand of this hike is medium-high. We recommend taking it two nights after arrival to Bogotá if you are not used to height. IMPORTANT NOTE: Please bring hiking shoes and outfit. A rain jacket can be great help. Also, bring a bag with a complete change of clothes (including shoes).
Please read our cancellation policy.
Bogotá is placed on a vast savannah formed by the east-Andean mountain range at an altitude of 2600 MAMSL. Although the majority of the city is rather flat, the city limits to the east are met with an incredible mountain range that follows Bogota’s length all the way from south to north. This mountain range is what is locally known as the East Hills. They have a large influence on Bogota’s climate, and they are also the most visible geographical feature. Even though they are always present, they are completely unknown to many locals and visitors.
We will start the La Chorrera Hike Tour at 9:00 am, when you are picked up at your hotel by our driver. We will travel approximately 45 minutes to the southern part of the hills, on the road to Choachi, passing a traditional small village with a beautiful town square and an amazing viewpoint. Together with an experienced guide, you'll be dropped off within the countryside, and there we will begin our hike through natural scenery and mountains to discover the base of the first waterfall, El Chiflon. You'll have the opportunity to walk behind the waterfall and feel the water touch your skin - and if you're really adventurous you can always take a swim at the waterfall's base. After that, you'll be able to regain your energy by eating a locally prepared snack.
Next, we will head out again through the forest, to reach the most important natural treasure of this exotic trip, La Chorrera Waterfall. Expect to reach the bottom of this 590m tall waterfall in roughly 1 hour. You'll pass creeks, a wide array of beautiful plants, and feel amazed by the sounds of nature surrounding you, including the splashing of the waterfall. When you arrive in the fall, you will have the opportunity to relax a bit, enjoy the view and take some pictures before we go back.
You'll arrive back at the car after about 3 hours. After the hike, we will drive back to Bogotá and have a well deserved lunch at a local restaurant located at La Candelaria: the colonial quarter of Bogotá.
After a satisfying day out, we'll drive you back to your hotel or any place in the city you prefer.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please bring hiking shoes and outfit. A rain jacket can be a great help. Also, bring a bag with a complete change of clothes (including shoes)