Jardin & Santa Fe de Antioquia Overnight Trip
Visit Santa Fe de Antioquia, a well-preserved colonial style town.
Walk through cobblestone streets in Santa Fe de Antioquia past street vendors and beautiful colonial style houses.
Taste a typical lunch in a cozy restaurant with local fresh ingredients.
Cross the Cauca River by walking over Puente Occidente, an impressive suspension bridge.
Admire the fascinating colorful painted houses in the charming village Jardín.
Have a seat on one of the colorful painted chairs on Jardin's main square and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere.
Spend the night in Jardín at the hotel La Casona, in a traditional Antioquian building more than 120 years old.
Explore a coffee farm and learn how Colombia’s finest coffee makes its way from a bean to a delicious cup.
In a Nutshell
- Enjoy a scenic drive through Antioquia’s diverse countryside.
- Cross the Cauca River by walking over Puente Occidente, an impressive 291 m (955 ft.) long suspension bridge.
- Visit the picturesque historical town Santa Fe de Antioquia, a well-preserved colonial style town.
- Taste a typical lunch in a cozy restaurant with local fresh ingredients.
- Admire the fascinating colorful painted houses in the charming village Jardín.
- Spend the night in Jardín at the Hotel La Casona, in a traditional Antioquian building more than 120 years old.
- Let yourself be lifted up by a gondola on top of a mountain to enjoy the view over Jardín embedded in a lush green environment.
- Visit a coffee farm and learn how Colombia’s finest coffee makes its way from a bean to a delicious cup.
- Try another typical lunch on the coffee farm and return to Medellín in the afternoon.
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off.
- Expert guide in English or Spanish.
- Tickets to visited attractions.
- A typical Colombian dish and a soft drink for lunch in Santa Fe de Antioquia.
- Cable car ride in Jardín.
- Overnight stay in Jardín at La Casona, breakfast included.
- Guided visit of a coffee farm with coffee tasting and a traditional lunch.
- Depending on bookings you might be in a small group up to 6 people or by yourself.
Museums in Santa Fe de Antioquia are closed on Wednesdays. Double accommodation at the hotel.
Please read our cancellation policy.
This overnight trip takes you to two of Antioquia’s oldest and most picturesque towns, both with traditional whitewashed and painted houses but different in their appearance and atmosphere. Santa Fe de Antioquia is the region’s oldest settlement founded in 1541, and known as one of the towns that formed Colombia’s towns as we know them today. The village Jardín was officially founded about 300 years later and is different in its structure, colors and climate.
You will also get to visit a traditional coffee farm and Puente de Occidente, a large suspension bridge over the Cauca River.
After a scenic more or less two hour ride on the car our first stop will be at the Puente de Occidente, or Bridge of the West as it is situated in the west of Antioquia. Finished in 1895 after 108 years of construction, it was considered the seventh largest suspension bridge worldwide and was declared a National Monument of Colombia later in 1978. First, we’ll have a look from afar before we walk over the bridge. Taking in the immense size of the Cauca River we capture magnificent panoramas of the surrounding scenery before we continue our tour to Santa Fe de Antioquia.
We’ll arrive at the main square where we’ll get a first impression of Antioquia’s former capital. Walking past the fountain and street vendors selling their goods, we make our way through traditional cobblestone streets lined with whitewashed houses to a local restaurant to have a delicious traditional lunch.
After savoring our meal, we’ll have a closer look at the colonial style houses and picturesque churches and visit some of them. We’ll end our first day by driving about three hours to Jardín where we will spend the night at the Hotel La Casona. Make yourself comfortable in a cozy quiet traditional Antioquian house and use your free time in the evening to explore the village and visit one of the excellent restaurants (own expense).
The next morning we’ll start the day with a typical Colombian breakfast before we’ll get the chance to see more of Jardín and its surroundings. We’ll stroll down the streets to have a closer look at beautifully painted houses as well as chairs that are pieces of art with hand-painted pictures of the area on them. Then we’ll enjoy a fabulous view over Jardín when we take a gondola to the top of a mountain before we visit a trout farm and a large park near Jardín.
Afterwards we’ll be on our way to get the real experience of visiting a traditional coffee farm and hear about how Colombia’s finest coffee makes its way from a bean to a cup. We’ll learn everything from growing the beans to harvesting and processing them until they can be roasted and are ready to be used for a delicious cup of coffee. We’ll watch as the coffee farmer, or cafetero, prepares the liquid gold and explains different methods of brewing coffee. Then we finally get to taste the delicious result.
Before we are back to the car to return to Medellín, we’ll try another traditional lunch on the coffee farm with the region’s best ingredients.