Canoe Trip in the Mangroves
This canoe trip will take you through the channels and tunnels formed by dense mangrove swamp forests at Cienaga de la Virgen.
Navigate slowly into the intricate natural channels formed by the mangrove forest and be surprised by its exuberant biodiversity.
Hear the most amazing stories directly from the local fishermen while you're on the boat.
Here we will go deeply into the heart of the ecosystem, making stops at small hideaways where the exuberant biodiversity is the protagonist.
Have a refreshing coconut water upon returning to the dock.
In a Nutshell
- Arrive to La Boquilla where canoes and fishermen await to head to the Cienaga de Juan Polo and the Cienaga de la Virgen lagoons.
- Hear amazing stories directly from the local fishermen while on the boat.
- Navigate slowly into the intricate natural channels formed by the mangrove forest and be surprised by its exuberant biodiversity.
- Have a refreshing coconut water upon returning to the dock.
- Transfer City Centre – La Boquilla – City Centre (Taxi).
- Spanish, German or English speaking tour guide (other language depending on demand).
- Cold coconut refreshment.
- Canoe tour with the fishermen.
- Depending on bookings you might be in a small group up to 6 people or by yourself.
- Travel or accident insurance.
- Additional Drinks.
- Personal expenses or tips.
- Lunch with Fish: Fried fish with coconut rice, salad and plantain (20.000 COP)
- Massage on the beach
- 2-hour Cooking Class:
o Guide in your Language
o Refreshment (Cold Coconut)
o Cooking Class (2 hours)
o Introduction to the Colombian Caribbean cuisine
o Lunch: Ceviche, Seafood Stew with Rice, Coconut Dessert
Important! We are on migration process. IMPULSE Travel is our new name. Please see this experience on our new site, for updated information and a better user experience.
Mangroves are a key ecosystem for the environmental balance of many tropical coastal areas. This is the place where a big part of the maritime life is originated; they work as a natural barrier to protect the land from natural disasters and make a unique scenario to be in close contact with nature.
This canoe trip will take you through the channels and tunnels formed by dense mangrove swamp forests at Cienaga de la Virgen. Here we will go deeply into de heart of the ecosystem, making stops at small hideaways where the exuberant biodiversity is the protagonist.
This tour takes place in La Boquilla; here you’ll find mainly families with African origin, that live off of fishing. The contrast between this area and the heart of Cartagena couldn’t be any bigger, but that is exactly what makes this excursion so attractive and appealing to adventurous souls.