Watch some exotic birds and more active wildlife while passing crystalline water streams and native vegetation.
• Discover ecological trails in a stunning cloud forest only 45 minutes away from Bogota.
In a Nutshell
- Discover various ecological trails in a stunning cloud forest only 45 minutes away from Bogota.
- Watch some exotic birds and more active wildlife while passing crystalline water streams and native vegetation.
- Enjoy a meal with a breathtaking view on the mountains.
- Dive into the knowledge of different species of mammals and other animals in order to explore the nature´s beauty.
- Let the driver wait for you to bring you safely back to your hotel.
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off.
- Entrance fees
- De acuerdo al número de reservas puede que estés solo o en un grupo de hasta 6 personas.
- Activities inside the park
Important! We are on migration process. IMPULSE Travel is our new name. Please see this experience on our new site, for updated information and a better user experience.
This tour is probably the best option for independent travelers who love outdoors. If you are spending some days in Bogotá and want to do something new, different and outdoorsy for a good price this tour is for you.
Chicaque is a cloud forest of 244 hectares 45 minutes outside of Bogotá, with diverse ecological trails that pass through crystalline water streams, it also has oak and native vegetation which are in danger of extinction.
This natural park counts with a different type of activities that you will be able to enjoy. It has nine ecological trails that are pretty well demarcated, so a guide is not necessary to enjoy a hiking day at this amazing location. It also offers canopy, horseback riding, and birdwatching for an additional cost paid directly at the park. There’s also a restaurant at the park where you can have a meal with great view over the mountains.
The park’s wildlife hasn’t been greatly studied. The most studied taxonomic group is the birds that stand to be in danger as the toucan, guan, the tinamou, pigeon, the cotinga and the hummingbird. This last being endemic in the area. They have been reported 15 species of hummingbirds.
As for mammals, they have been recorded 20 species of mammals: Spectacled bear, deer, bobcat, nine-banded armadillos, weasel, possums, night monkeys, two-toed sloth bears, squirrels, and rabbits.
Regarding the flora, so far 630 plant species have been identified. So get ready to be amazed by nature's beauty, let yourself be enchanted by charms and wonders of the forest. Be delighted by the mountain, the spectacular view it has to offer and have a wonderful day in the wilderness enjoying the fresh air away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
On this tour, you will be picked up at your hotel and then you’ll be driven to the natural park. You will be able to do the ecological trails and all activities you wish while the driver waits for you (during the stipulated time). As soon as the tour ends, you’ll be taken back to your hotel.